Heather Marie Mallary

Photo Pages

Fund Photo Page

Total Number of Gifts: 0
Total Value of Gifts: $0.00

July 25th 2013 Heather was heading to her friends house when she was hit in a head on collision by a drunk driver. The driver who was driving drunk was only 21 years old, and this wasn't his first offense for driving under the influence. The estimated speed of the impact was 120 mph. Heather walked away with severe trauma to her spine, a broken hand, leg, and nose, but she was lucky to still be alive. While the man that did this will suffer the consequences from the decisions he made to drink and drive as he sits in jail for the next 10 years of his life...

David Lee Camacho was driving under the influence of alcohol. His car was out of control. He was 20 feet away from my vehicle, when I knew that there was nothing I could do to stop the impact of our vehicles. He first swerved off of the road around the car in-front of me. He was in the lane of oncoming traffic and not slowing down... As our vehicles hit, I remember thinking this is it, brace yourself. I put my arms and hands up in-front of my face just as we hit, hoping to stop the glass from the windshield from going into my skin. After the shock wore off and I was able to catch my breath, I looked out to see that the other vehicle was on fire and instantaneously began bursting into flames. My adrenaline kicked in and I jumped out of my car running over to the other vehicle to see if anyone was still inside. There was a young man inside. He had no clothes on, except his underwear. I was shocked at first to see this, but he wasn't really responding. A man from the vehicle behind me was there. He began trying to pull the driver out of the drivers seat window. I began trying to open the vehicles doors, but half of them were smashed in. The drivers leg was mangled under the dash of the steering wheel. I didn't know if we were going to be able to get him out or not. As another man came running over from one of the houses near by, I panicked screaming if anyone had called 911. No response... The adrenaline in me allowed me to think and act fast. I went to my vehicle found to find my cell phone and dialed 911. As the flames were getting bigger and began sparking, I looked down to see that there was gasoline running from my vehicle straight towards us. I thought it was going to catch on fire at any second. I was on the phone with emergency response as people began to clear the area for the car to blow. I ran over to the side of the road and laid on the dirt ground. As I was laying there my body was beginning to feel the pain from the accident. I was still on the phone with emergency response. They sent in a helicopter, two fire trucks, numerous police vehicles, and three ambulances. I don't remember who reached me first. It was a man, he picked me up and carried me over to the the other side of the road. There was another passenger who was a minor in the car with the drunk driver. He had gotten gotten out and ran after the initial collision. He was laying beside me as the paramedics were checking us out. His ribs were broken. I asked if the driver was ok, and if they had gotten his out of his vehicle. They kept telling me not to worry about the driver, but I wanted to know. I needed to know, because I needed to know if he was alive. There were so many people standing around and watching. Paramedics, Police Officers, and Firefighters kept coming by asking if I was alright. I didn't know what I was suppose to feel like, because I couldn't stop thinking about the driver. Yes I was in pain, but I was lucky to be alive... When I got to the emergency room that night after the accident, I felt so blessed to have my family with me. There was no greater feeling than to know that someone from above must have been watching out for me.

Guest Book

If you would like, you can add your name and a short message to our Guest Book. Thank you.

Sign the Guest Book

If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator